Tenant FAQs

Lease Information:

How do I apply for an apartment?

If you are looking for an apartment to rent, please view our website at www.BestRentNJ.comto see all of our properties, or visit the BestRentNJ Apartment Showcase located at 1000 US Highway 1, Edison NJ 08817. Once you have selected a property of interest, please call or visit the property’s rental office for further information.

How do I update my personal information?

Fill out a Tenant Information Update Form and either fax, mail, or email it back to our main office, Attn: Tenant Information Update. Please click here for our General Forms Page.

How do I apply for a lease extension?

Click here to obtain a copy of our lease extension request form from our General Forms Page.
You can apply for a lease extension if all the following criteria are met:

  • The form must be completed in its entirety
  • The form must be signed by all of the original leaseholders
  • The rental account must be in good standing at the time of the request
  • The request must be received in writing, and a minimum of 30 days prior to your lease expiration date
  • Extension requests may be granted for a minimum of one month to a maximum of six months only
  • Form must be accompanied by a check or money order in the amount of $200.00 payable to the property in which you reside at. Please make sure to write your tenant account number on the check/money order.
How do I notify management of my intention to move out?

You are required to provide Middlesex Management with written notice of your intent to vacate your apartment at least 30 days prior to your lease expiration date. To obtain a copy of a notice to vacate form, you can click here to download the necessary forms and return them to the main office.

How do I make sure management knows I am moving out?

Within one week of receiving your move out request, you will receive a confirmation letter from Middlesex Management. If you have not received that letter please contact Middlesex Management at 732.855.2990 or email us.

How do I change my move-out date?

If you have notified Middlesex Management of your move out date and wish to change it, you must contact the customer service call center. We will make every effort to accommodate your request; however we cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so.

How do I add/remove people from my lease?

Tenants can request to add/remove people from an existing lease. To learn more about the application process or to download the necessary application, please click here. Please note, additional screening and fees may apply.

How do I obtain a copy of my lease?

You will be mailed an executed copy of your lease agreement in the mail shortly after your move in date. If you have already received a copy of your lease, but for whatever reason require an additional replacement copy, please click here to submit your request online.

How do I break my lease and move out early?

Option I:
If you break your lease and move out early, you will be responsible for the monthly rental payments on your apartment until your apartment is re-rented (a new tenant has taken occupancy) or your lease expires, whichever occurs first. In addition, you may be liable for additional fees for breaking your lease agreement.
Option II:
You may be eligible for a lease buyout. Please call our customer service call center at (732) 855-2990 to inquire (or email customerservice@middlesexmgmt.com) This option may not be available at all properties.

How do I sublet my apartment?

As per the terms of your lease, you are NOT permitted to sublet your apartment at any time.

How do I obtain a residency verification for my mortgage company, creditor or other 3rd party?

Fax or mail a written request, as well as any forms required to complete your residency verification, to our main office attention: Mortgage/Residency Verification. Please allow 1-2 weeks for processing. Requests will not be processed unless they are signed by the leaseholder authorizing the landlord to release the information.

Move out Information:

How do I settle my account after I have moved out?

Within thirty days of your move out you will receive a statement indicating any additional charges that you may owe. You can mail your payment to our main office or visit our payment and billing section. If you do not know how much you owe or would like to speak to a customer service representative about making payment arrangements, please call customer service at (732)-855-2990 to speak with a Customer Service Representative.

How do I find out when I will get my security deposit back?

Your Security Deposit, less any applicable charges against your account, will be returned to you within 30 days of your lease expiration or the legally required deadline.

How do I dispute a damage charge?

Within 30 days of receiving your security deposit, you can send us a letter stating the charge(s) that you wish to dispute along with an explanation of why you feel that you should not be charged for this item. Please include any pictures and/or documentation that may support your claim. The letter should be mailed to the main office, attn: Damage Disputes

Payment Information:

How do I pay my rent?

You have more options than ever for paying your rent. Check out our Payment and Billing section and learn more today.

How do I check my account balance?

To check your account balance, you can log onto WebPay, our free online rent payment service. There, you can view your balance and make a payment to your account. Click here to visit our Payment and Billing section of our website for more information. If you prefer to speak with a customer service representative, you may also contact our call center (732)-855-2990 for account balance information.

How do I notify Middlesex Management of a payment made?

If you made your payment online, through WebPay, or over the phone through Pay by Phone, there is no need to notify our office. We receive electronic notification that your payment was made as soon as you make it. If you mailed in your payment to our lockbox and want to confirm its receipt, please call our customer service call center (732)-855-2900 or email us. Please note that any mailed payments can take up to 7 business days to post to your account. To avoid late fees, mail your check early or sign up for our electronic payment option, WebPay. Learn more in our Payment and Billing section of our website.

How do I pay my rent through on an online bill paying service?

WebPay Powered by Rent Payments.com, is currently the only online rent payment service supported by Middlesex Management. Paying your rent through a third party service (such as those offered by your bank or financial institution) may delay the processing of your payment, or may prevent the payment from posting to your account. It is important to note that even though you may receive confirmation from your financial institution that your payment was made, it may not have been properly credited to your account. To avoid any processing delay, use WebPay for all of your electronic payments, or, you can use any of the other payment options offered by Middlesex Management. Visit our Payment and Billing section for more information.

Payment Information:

How do I submit a maintenance request?

To submit a maintenance request, please complete the online service request form. If you would prefer to speak with a call center representative, our call center can be reached at 732-855-2990

How do I contact my super?

Contact our customer service call center at (732)-855-2990.

Legal Information:

How do I respond to legal notices?

If you have received a legal notice and are not clear as to what is required of you, please call our call center at (732)-855-2990.

How do I avoid late fees?

Rent is due in full by the 1st of every month. A late fee is assessed to your account if your balance is not paid in full by the 5th of each month. Visit our Payment and Billing section for a list of payment methods.

How do I settle my account before a court date?

If you have received notice of a court date for nonpayment of rent, you must submit payment for the full amount of the balance owed, in certified funds (money order or certified bank check) at our main office in advance of your scheduled court appearance. For inquiries pertaining to all other types of court notices, please contact our call center at (732)-855-2990.